How many holidays have you put on extra weight that takes months to get off? No one likes having the look of excess weight, but more importantly the result of having excess weight which can lead to issues such as high glucose and cholesterol. Here are some of our tips on how to short circuit weight gain this holiday season.
- Get a workout in! Make it fun through dancing or by going for a walk.
- Eat a small snack containing a protein or healthy fat before a party or dinner – impulse control will be easier if not on an empty stomach.
- Look at all of the food options – see what looks good before loading up your plate.
- Everything in moderation – try smaller portions of your favorites.
- Savor every bite; instead of rushing while eating slow down in between bites. Be present in the moment and in conversations!
- Give your stomach roughly 20 to 30 minutes to send the message to your brain that you are full.