In recent months, researchers and doctors have discovered that a considerable number of “recovered” COVID patients are still experiencing lingering symptoms, now termed “Post-COVID Syndrome.”
COVID-19 Attacks the Body in Multiple Ways:
Inflammation: Since COVID-19 creates large amounts of potentially damaging inflammatory proteins (cytokines), complaints of heart irregularities, joint pain, muscle pain, and shortness of breath often persist.
Clotting: It has been noted that micro-clotting can occur when an individual contracts coronavirus disease, causing probable restriction of oxygen into the bloodstream and increasing risk of stroke.
Adrenal Fatigue: Due to inflammatory “cytokines” crossing into a portion of the brain (the hypothalamus) responsible for manufacturing and maintaining stress response hormones, some may experience lasting fatigue and brain fog.
Loss of Taste/ Smell: COVID adheres to special sites called “ACE2 Receptors”, which are found on cells that provide structural support to the olfactory sensory neurons (neurons that control the ability to taste and smell). This damage to the structure can cause lingering loss of these senses.
Liver & Kidney Health: COVID survivors tend to have elevated liver enzymes. When combined with ongoing pharmaceutical use to manage symptoms, can cause damage to our important detoxification organs.
Supporting The Healing Process:
Based on what is known about the potential long term impacts of this virus, these molecules support normal repair.
- Serrapeptase is an enzyme from silk worms that has studied to support the breakdown of fibrin, a tough protein found in blood clots.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid has shown in several studies to support the regeneration of olfactory neurons in order to regain taste and smell sensations.
- Ubiquinol (form of CoQ10) is being looked at a supportive target therapy in COVID-19 to increase energy production, immunity, and decrease dangerous molecules (oxidative stress).
- Adaptogens Asian Ginseng, Rhodiola, Eluthero, are effective support molecules for adrenal health.
- Anti-Inflammatory Probiotics help maintain the GI tract
- Boswellia and Omega-3 Fats promote reduced inflammation and repair.
- Glutathione/Milk Thistle supports Liver and Kidney Health.
Discuss an anti-inflammatory diet with your nutritionist and all with your doctor.
**These statements have not been approved by the FDA and are not intended to prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure any diseases.