Supporting Brain Function, Maintenance, and Repair is a complex subject with many pathways and genes involved. They cannot all be addressed in one article, but there is some very exciting science and newly available molecules that may significantly increase the ability to maintain and even improve brain health, cognition and focus.
Improved Cognitive Function
- Acetylcholine is a major communication neurotransmitter in the brain. The primary molecule needed to form it is the B vitamin Choline. The most effective choline at forming acetylcholine is Alpha GPC.
- Huperzine A extract derived from Club Moss has shown activity inhibiting the enzyme that breaks down acetylcholine while reducing inflammatory markers.
- Sage Extract at 2.5% rosemarinic acid boosted memory performance roughly 60% and attention measurements approximately 2.5-fold in 64+ year olds.
- The Combination of Mango leaf extract and standardized peppermint oil restored focus and attention, reduced general mental fatigue, and supported cognitive performance.
- Magnesium Threonate at 2000mg per day deaged certain aging brain markers 9 years within 6 weeks.
- Brain Factor-7 silk peptide improved cognition and attention response time by an average of 23% in healthy children. Adults with mild dementia improved by 17% and severe dementia improved an average of 35% in memory scoring.
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is the predominant omega-3 fatty acid in the brain and can affect neurological function by modulating signal transduction pathways, neurotransmission, neurogenesis, myelination, membrane receptor function, synaptic plasticity, neuroinflammation, and membrane integrity.
- B Vitamins Methyl Folate, Methyl B12, and P5P B6 manage neuro damaging Homocysteine that is formed from dietary protein in the body.
- Nicotinamide Riboside plus Resveratrol and Quercetin increased the energy molecule NAD+ and activated new energy forming mitochondria.
- Vitamin E Tocopherols and Tocotrienols Levels were associated with 85% and 92% respectively lower incidence of Alzheimer’s Disease and Mild Cognitive Impairment
- The Senolytic Combination of Flavonoids Fisetin, Theaflavins and Quercetin initiated the breakdown of brain and systemic aging senescent cells.
- Urolithin A activates Mitophagy or repair of existing energy forming mitochondria in the cells.