Shopping, friends, family and cooking are some of the fun things to do around the holidays. Having great energy makes them more enjoyable. Here are ways to maintain and create more energy in the body and brain.
Lifestyle & Diet Basics
- Sleep is a Priority. If stress is disrupting sleep, add the combination of Ashwagandha and Saffron to calm things down. Magnesium, particularly in the Taurate form reduces excitatory brain activity. Continue to Exercise even if it is just walking in the mall.
- Dietary Balance of Protein, Vegetables and non-inflammatory Omega 9 oils with all meals will maintain steady energy. Too much sugar or alcohol will cause that to fluctuate.
Forming and Boosting Energy
- Adaptogens Rhodiola and Korean “Panax” Ginseng support physical and mental energy, stamina, good mood, and neurotransmitter hormones like dopamine and norepinephrine. These two botanicals also assist in maintaining normal stress hormone levels.
- Stress B & C Vitamins help form energy from food and support stress responses.
- Breakthrough Vitamin B1 Analogue BENFOTIAMINE helps repair and rebuild energy forming mitochondria in all the cells through mitophagy activation.
- Harvard developed Nicotinamide Riboside combined with Resveratrol and Quercetin activates the Sirt 1 gene pathway to form the energy molecule NAD+. It then can activate the PGC1a gene to create new energy forming mitochondria.
Supporting brain function, maintenance and repair is the correct strategy. While the adaptogens support good brain performance, there are many more molecules that support brain function. One of the more comprehensive formulas we like is Brain Charge.
What About Elderberry Immune Support
Here are results of influenza and cold study results with elderberry:
- Influenza symptoms averaged 2 days in the immune boosted elderberry group versus 6 days in the placebo group.
- Common cold placebo group had double the duration and more than twice the symptom severity.