Maintaining ideal health and limiting cellular aging is dependent on good gene activation through diet, exercise, supplemental molecules, and lifestyle. Exciting new science has opened the possibility to deage cell function in the body and brain.
While there are many breakthroughs. Here are three significant areas:
- Mitophagy is the repair of energy forming mitochondria found in all cells that are required for essential repair, memory, muscle strength and performance. The ability to protect and repair mitochondria reduces with age, lower antioxidant and mitophagy formation. Discovery and production of one of the key molecules to produce mitophagy is Urolithin A. It can be formed in the body from foods like pomegranates and berries and the interaction with probiotic bacteria in the digestive tract. Unfortunately aging typically causes loss of gut bacteria and a reduced ability to make Urolithin A. The good news is Urolithin A is now available. Study level dosing has typically been 500mg to 1000mg per day.
- Senescent Cells are non-dividing cells that form and accumulate in the body and brain. They no longer function beneficially, but produce inflammation and damage healthy cells. Certain flavonoids (the colored molecules) have shown to initiate the breakdown of senescent cells. Researchers have found theaflavins, fisetin, apigenin and quercetin to be the most effective.
- NAD+ is a coenzyme molecule in the body that is critical to the pathways that form energy, sirtuins, and new mitochondria. The two direct precursors that form NAD+ are now available. Nicotinamide Riboside(NR) is the form that enters the cell then converts to Nicotinamide Mononucleotide(NMN) which forms NAD+. NR and NMN cofactors in these processes are resveratrol or its high absorption form pterostilbene and quercetin.
There are many other molecules and research showing improvement in supporting cardio, brain and cellular repair. Here are some impressive ones.
- Magnesium L- Threonate has the ability to pass the blood brain barrier and deliver magnesium to the brain efficiently. Research results showed 9 years of deaging in a group of brain markers within 6 weeks.
- The Flavonoid Quercetin increased release of neurogenesis promoting stem cells in the coherent forming memory hippocampus area of the brain.
- Coffee Cherry Fruit increased a primary brain repair molecule Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) by 143%.
References available upon request. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Research, nutritional information and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult your physician before initiating any new dietary or supplement program.