Inflammation is the body’s immune response to initiate repair of damage or to eliminate infections. It can manifest in different ways such as fever, pain, and swelling. After the body resolves the damage or infection, the unrepairable tissue must be cleared away and inflammation reduced for final repair and completion. This second part of the process is carried out by specialized Pro-Resolving Mediators (PRM’s).
These molecules are primarily synthesized from Omega 3 fats. If PRM’s are altered or insufficient, the healing process is not completed and inflammation may continue indefinitely.
- Neuropathic Pain self-perception decreased significantly after 3 months of supplementing PRM by 2 grams per day. Sphingosine which is elevated in neuropathic pain declined.
- Obesity created PRM deficit which was correlated with the severity of Covid infection.
- Chronic Pain frequency and severity of migraine headaches reduced within a month. Joint pain intensity and morning stiffness time reduced within 3-4 months of usage.
- Vascular Health PRMs reduced plaque progression and promoted plaque stability by ending chronic arterial inflammation.
- Endometriosis Stopped new lesions formation and promoted programmed cell death and removed debris from the uterine cavity via phagocytes.
New Ongoing Research…
PRMs are a high interest molecule in the science world. Several clinical trails are ongoing focused on chronic pain.
Front Pharmocol 2021. Intl J Mol Science 2021 J Clin Invest 2018. Nature Reviews Immunology 2016. Front Immunol 2016.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Research, nutritional information and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult your physician before initiating any new dietary or supplement program.