Tea is consumed around the world and is known to help people destress and relax. One reason for this is the amino acid L-theanine found in tea leaves. It is found in highest concentration in green and white tea leaves. But they also contain excitatory caffeine along with L-theanine.
Additional benefits to this molecule.
- Lowers stress and anxiety by encouraging the brain to switch from anxious beta brain waves to calming alpha waves.
- Promotes attention and cognitive strength.
- Aids falling asleep and improves sleep quality by helping unwind from overthinking.
- Stabilizes the excitatory glutamate pathway in the brain.
- Breaks down the alcohol metabolite acetaldehyde (similar to formaldehyde) and reduces effects of free radical damage from drinking alcohol while increasing antioxidant Glutathione.
J Med Food 2021. Nutr Neurosci, 2017. Nutrients, 2019.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Research, nutritional information and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult your physician before initiating any new dietary or supplement program.